Wednesday 12 October 2016

Welcome to Twelve Oh Two A blog about trading on the Australian Stock Market, focussing on options.

Hello everyone. Welcome to the Twelve Oh Two blog.

This blog will focus on trading in the Australian market, with a current focus on options and warrants. Due to a number of reasons, options trading is very illiquid in the Australian market. Less than half the stocks on the most common index the S&P/ASX 200 are traded as options. Making granular trading difficult.

I will state early on that I have one major trade for which I'll be focussing. The widow-maker of Australia. Going short on the Australian banks in the common parlance. Since this is an options blog, I'll be mostly starting on that as my details.

I do not believe that the EMH is correct in a strict way. My opinion is that HFT tends towards legalised frontrunning. I cannot time the market, I will almost always buy options with expirations of 6 months or more.

I will not disclose my identity at this stage. I am not a financial professional, I at no point give any financial or legal advise. Consult someone who knows what they are doing for advice. Which will be difficult given many professionals are terrible at their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment